Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Thanks



Thanksgiving is over and I'm very satisfied! Great food and good times with family. I do pretty well eating moderately during the main course but then comes the desserts! It's my favorite part! And this year there were many scrumptious choices. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and caramel apples. I had a particular hankering for pumpkin pie. But not just any pumpkin pie. It had to be the Libby's recipe. . . you know, the one made with evaporated milk. And that is just the one my sister-in-law made. Delicious! And with a squirt of whip cream on top. . . Yummy! I had it easy this year . . . I only had to bring a salad! The rest was handled by my husband's sister and family. They did an outstanding job feeding all 16 of us. It was truly a holiday break for me from the daily kitchen duties. And for that I am truly THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment