Monday, February 23, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Monday, February 23, 2009


Outside my window...the skies are blue, the sun is shining and it's 21 degrees. Warmer than the -10 in the early am.


I am thinking...that in these difficult economic times God provided a job for my husband and I am thankful that we did not have to move.


I am thankful for...my grandpa celebrating his 92nd birthday today!


From the learning rooms...we read about Booker T. Washington, learned about using the dictionary, math story problems, & AWANA.


From the kitchen...the left-over rotisserie chicken is simmering on the stove and will make a delicious chicken noodle soup for dinner.


I am wearing...a cream colored sweater, pumpkin colored vest and black pants.


I am creating...a grocery list.


I am going...grocery shopping tonight.


I am reading...a No Greater Joy magazine.


I am hoping...to start a new walking routine.


I am hearing...Mr. H laughing as he teases Mr. Z. (The laughing will soon turn to crying.)


Around the house...we're cleaning up from lunch and will soon have quiet reading time and listen to Story of the World.


One of my favorite things...is chocolate along with a cup of coffee.


A few plans for the rest of the week: The first piano lesson for the three oldest boys and two home school co-op clubs.


Here is picture thought I am sharing. . . The kids spotted three woodpeckers out the window this morning. I quickly snapped a picture of one.





THANKS FOR READING MY DAYBOOK!

I hope this Monday is a great start to your week.

You can check out other daybooks or create one of your own HERE.
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading all about your days. Miss A looked so cute on the sled. -10 in the AM, huh?
    Ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete