Sunday, June 21, 2009

20 year anniversary and Happy Father’s Day!

I’m a few days late with this post but I couldn't let our 20th anniversary came and go without some sort of recognition.

It was Friday, June 16, 1989

Canoga Park, California. 

I had my dream come true wedding.

Mr. E. thought a church ceremony followed by ham buns in the basement would’ve been great.

But this gal had been planning her wedding since age 12 and had a few more ideas to celebrate in mind!

And here we are. . . 

20 years,

six kids,

a few pounds :),

much laughter,

a few tears,

some sickness

but thankfully more health,

later.

ch20

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I wrote in my note. . .

I still feel right at home. . . with you.

Your love for Him. . .brings me peace.

I love you more today. . .than I did 20 years ago.

 

 

And Happy Father’s Day to my Dad. . .

the one who walked me down the aisle. 

This is one of my very favorite pictures:

hdad

What a moment!

I know my Dad loves me.

I know my Dad will always be there for me/ for us.

And for that I am truly grateful.

dad1 

I think we should’ve bought him a pair of slippers!

dad2

But he loves these. . .they’re all broken in and have miles of good tread left!!

That’s my dad!!

Happy Father’s Day Sunday!

Heather

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Charlie and Heather! What a joy it is to know you both! Wishing you many more years of traveling through life together with our Heavenly Father's leading!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. Then and now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet, I loved all the pictures. you guys look great, then and now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-huge congrats! That's an amazing milestone to reach and the two of you still look as happy and in love as you were on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! We are blessed to have you for friends! Even if you move, we will have to follow LOL. What great pictures!
    Your dad is sure a great guy too!
    Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete