Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Crock Pot Meat Loaf

On a good day. . .  I love to have dinner in the crock pot by noon.

Today at lunchtime,  I knew I was runnin’ out of steam and it would be best to get dinner going soon.  Thankfully, I had thawed ground beef & ground venison in the refrigerator and I decided to look on line for a meat loaf recipe to make in the crock pot.  Sure enough. . . I found one.

Here it is:

1 1/2 pds lean ground beef

1 egg

1C finely chopped onion

1 C softly torn bread crumbs

*(I used dried bread crumbs and would use the soft bread next time)

2 tsp. prepared mustard

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp dried parsley flakes

1 C ketchup, divided

Spray crockpot with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, egg, mustard, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and 1/2C ketchup.

meat4

meat3 

meat2

Shape mixture into a ball and place in slow cooker.  Spread remaining ketchup over top of loaf.  Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.meat1

Serves 6. . . I doubled it for our family.

Deeelicious!. . . served with potatoes and carrots from the garden. We love this time of year and the many fresh veges to choose from.

Even this 8 year old liked it!  But hey, it didn’t contain tomatoes or mushrooms so I was off to a good start.

And there’s our blue eyed Bengal, Lucy.

We’ve been enjoying our new pet. . .yes, even me :)

H&Lpic4

I snapped these photos today with the front door open. . . natural light. . .no flash needed.  Edited with Picnik.

wh1pic2

wh3pic2

(I actually got a shot of Little A smiling. . .not so easy to do.  Too bad it’s out of focus.)

Happy Tuesday!

Heather

P.S.  I had my yearly mammogram today.  Have you had yours?  If not, just do itIt’s painless, simple &fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment