Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bed Time

Bed time with the children. . . it's always umm, let's just say a test of my patience at the end of a long day.

But sometimes I just have to smile and take it all in.

I can vividly remember my sister and me calling for my mom to come tuck us in at night.  "All riiiiiiight mooooother, we're reeeeeadyyyyy", we would loudly announce in unison.  I loved having my mom sit on my bed and talk as I would try to lengthen the good night ritual.

So it was with Mr. A tonight, my soon to be six year old.

Usually I ask, "What was the best part of your day?"

Tonight he had similar questions for me as well as the answers he thought most fitting.

And then he had to show me the surprise under his pillow.

(He's had a sense of humor from the "get-go"!)

"Look what I'm hiding so the brothers won't take them!"

aae5

("Bullets" to his Nerf gun)

"Let's count them!"

aae6

And at the feet of his bed??

His beloved "guns". 

He's really "packin' the heat", huh?!

aae4

He loves to have his picture taken!

 aae3  

And I love to comply.

aae2

Finally after the many questions are answered and the final trip to the bathroom has been made, I say a final "Good Night, I love you." 

And I hear the words every mom loves to hear,

"I love you too momma."

aae1

Hope it was a happy Tuesday,

Heather

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how that all warms my heart. "My cheeks won't stop grinning".

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    So cute and typical!! Thank God for little boys. :)They keep our lives fresh.
    Don't ya love it?
    Debi (in Texas)

    ReplyDelete