Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today February 8

simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window.....cloudy and lightly snowing

I am thinking.....it's a good afternoon to take a walk but I better do it quickly cause these eyelids are gettin' heavy. 

I am thankful.....for the loving friendships God has given to me.

I am wearing.....black pants, black top and rusty-orange sweater

I am hearing.....the hum of the computer while the kids have some quiet reading time.

I am creating.....valentines!

I am going.....to make and effort to recognize and reward positive behavior in my kids.

I am reading.....my devotionals in the morning.

I am praying.....about upcoming decisions regarding our church's children's ministry.

I am remembering.....how my dad would always buy my sister and me See's Candy for Valentine's Day.  As with anything now, you can order it online. It's the best!

I am hoping.....to sort through and organize our stacks of music CD's this week.

On my mind.....computer problems and making the time and effort to get them fixed.

From the learning rooms....I ordered the first 10 Caldecott Medal Winners from the library.  The award began in 1938 and I'd like to set a goal to read all 72 to the kids by the end of the year.

Noticing that....The kids are tired and cranky after staying up later for Superbowl fun.

Pondering these words. . . Lord, someone once said that anything that becomes a burden will be discarded with relief.  So please keep me from ever giving the children the impression that belonging to You and obeying You are a burden and a joyless journey.--Ruth Bell Graham

From the kitchen.....I'm cleaning out the freezer.  Steaks for dinner this week.

Around the house.....I finally have a clutter-free office!

One of my favorite things.....A positive "this tastes great, Mom!" comment at the dinner table.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....basketball game for the boys, soccer meeting, a special Valentine dinner with my husband, and friends in town for the weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

Little A requests that we "weed"  each night before bed.  Love those precious little hands.

avahands

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Happy Monday,

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I was so enjoying reading about your thinking, praying, remembering, hoping and thinking and then up comes the wonderful picture of Miss A "weeding". I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear....I confess to giving in to those heavy eyelids after fighting them most of the afternoon. I think my tummy was just too content and full that the only thing it could think of was REST! I'll be dreaming about Kathy's cake tonight....

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of reading through the Caldecott books. : )
    I have been missing my walks; I shouldn't let the cold keep me from one of my favorite things, but I guess that I have. I just need to bundle up, I guess.
    I hope you have a great Tuesday.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete