Sunday, February 20, 2011

family time

I am noticing that as the kids get older, activities outside the home increase and the amount of family time at home decreases.  In the last six months we have tried to be intentional about setting aside a weekly “family night”.  We usually have dinner together, play a card game, or watch a movie.  Today was a good family day. 

After church and a simple sandwich lunch we watched the inspiring movie, “Miracle” staring Kurt Russell. 

miracle

Here’s the synopsis.  I’m sure many of you have already seen this movie and may remember watching the actual game in the 1980 Olympics.

Storyline

The inspiring story of the team that transcended its sport and united a nation with a new feeling of hope. Based on the true story of one of the greatest moments in sports history, the tale captures a time and place where differences could be settled by games and a cold war could be put on ice. In 1980, the United States Ice Hockey team's coach, Herb Brooks, took a ragtag squad of college kids up against the legendary juggernaut from the Soviet Union at the Olympic Games. Despite the long odds, Team USA carried the pride of a nation yearning from a distraction from world events. With the world watching the team rose to the occasion, prompting broadcaster Al Michaels' now famous question, to the millions viewing at home: Do you believe in miracles? Yes! Written by Sujit R. Varma

Rated PG for language and some rough sports action.

 

We then went to a local indoor pool for some fun swim time. 

swimcollage

I brought my suit with the intention of getting wet but ended up sitting on the sidelines and taking pictures since I only brought the TOP of my suit and not the bottom!  Ooops!  My suit bottom is definitely not a bikini! It’s a skirt. You know, the kind that covers more?! 

Have you seen this card from Hallmark? 

ruffle

The caption is. . .

"I think the ruffle really makes a difference, don’t you?"

I giggle every time I see this! 

I even have a package of napkins with this drawing and caption.  I’ll have to pull them out for a girlfriends get-together.

Anyway, back to family time. . .

We then ate Pizza Hut pizza (thanks to a gift card!) and got everyone to bed by 9:00.

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.  ~Thomas Jefferson

Happy Sunday!

heathersig1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment