It was six years ago this week that Mr .E had a life threatening aortic dissection.
Remembering. . .
- the shock of the event;
- the helicopter “flight for life”;
- the days Mr. E. was in a coma;
- the good news on Easter morning that he’d been successfully brought out of the coma;
- how the kids and I were “carried” by friends and family through a very difficult time;
- the very excited boys welcoming Daddy back home;
- the months of exhaustion he felt as he recovered.
And now, six years later I’m so very thankful. . .
- That our family (of seven) has remained just that. . .a family (of eight now!);
- For every sport event the boys have their dad attend and cheer them on;
- For each Sunday the eight of us sit in a church pew together and I have my husband by my side;
- Each night when I hear the garage door open and the kids say, “Dad’s home!”
Those simple. daily. moments.
That’s what I’m thankful for.