Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Monday, December 22, 2008

Outside my window... the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the temp. is a frigid -2.

I am thinking...the midnight vomiting of Mr. A has me tired and praying that it was an isolated case!

I am thankful for... our safe travels yesterday.

From the kitchen... my mom made a delicious breakfast and she's preparing our favorite BBQ beef sandwiches for later this week.
I am wearing . . . my pajamas.
I am going.... to Target today. A fun treat since we don't have one in our town.

I am reading.... the December issue of Real Simple.

I am hoping.... the predicted snow for tomorrow holds off til' after we arrive at our destination.

I am hearing... the sound of the Dustbuster as Mr. C is enamored with the contraption while cleaning up the floors.

Around the house... the kids are soooo excited to be at Oma & Papa's, playing with the "new" toys and anticipating Christmas Day.

One of my favorite things...is looking at all the pretty Christmas lights this time of year.

A few plans for the rest of the week. . . traveling to my sister's home to spend the Christmas holiday. That's 9 kids under age 11 camping out in sleeping bags!

A picture thought I am leaving with you:


To create a daybook of your own or read others, you can go HERE.






3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you made it! YAY! And I hope Mr. A is an isolated case of a *bug*. Our littlest had a sudden fever and headache late afternoon and I'm hoping she's an isolated case, too! Her sister has determined she'll sleep on the couch downstairs tonight to avoid the *bug*

    May you have safe travels ahead!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your daybook! I can just picture 9 kids under 11 laying in sleeping bags. My children make up a group of 11 cousins (on one side) of which the oldest is 8! It's so much fun!

    Merry Christmas from Nebraska! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are having fun. Our town will have a Target store in a few months. I'm looking forward to it. Your blog is beautiful and so are your pictures. Thank you for sharing, Doylene

    ReplyDelete