Friday, January 23, 2009

A Funny Story

If you want stories which make you laugh, you must tune in to Angie at The Arthur Clan. She is a great story teller. After laughing once again at one of Angie's stories, my husband and I are recalling a funny story which happened to him. . . one day. . . many years ago. The year was 1980 and my husband was a high school freshman (I wanted to post a yearbook picture but he wouldn't let me. . . "I looked like a dork!"). Not anymore, he's one handsome dude, if I do say so myself. :)

So here the story goes. . .


" My mother picked me up in the middle of the day for an apt. to have two wisdom teeth removed in preparation for getting braces. After she dropped me off, I proceeded into the office and directed to "the chair". At this time the Dr. explained that the shots he was about to give me were to numb the pain which was about to occur from removing the two wisdom teeth. And it indeed worked. . . my entire mouth including my lips were totally numb. I could feel. . . nothing. . . nada. . . zilch. The procedure went well and at the conclusion the Dr. instructed me to bite on a big wad of gauze in order to contain the bleeding from the extractions.

Shortly after, my mom picked me up to bring me back to school! That's right. . . directly back to school. No reason to miss . . . my parents intended for me to get my complete education!

However, through clenched teeth, I asked my mom if she'd stop at the bookstore so I could purchase a book.

She obliged and parked in front of the store. I quickly found what I was looking for and headed to the check-out. Upon approaching the counter, I thought it rather strange that the check-out lady had a very surprised look upon her face and her eyes kept getting bigger and BIGGER! So much so, that I looked behind me to see what she could possibly be looking at. Seeing no one behind me, I payed for my book and headed out the door.

As I got into the car and looked at my mom I now saw her eyes getting bigger and BIGGER! She quickly yelled, "WIPE YOUR MOUTH OFF!" Startled, I wiped the back of my wrist against my mouth and it was then that I realized the reason for all the LARGE eyes looking at me. . . My very dapper high school self had a loooooong bloody string of saliva that hung from the bottom of my lip and connected 12" down onto my shirt!

I can only imagine what the check-out lady thought when she saw this rabid, blood drooling, teenager staring her in the face!"

THE END
There you have it . . . a funny, "most embarrassing moment" story from my husband.
I spent 9 hours in the car today. . . so a good laugh is just what I needed! And now I need a good night's sleep!
Happy Friday!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word ~ that is funny! I can't believe his mom didn't notice before he went into the store. :)

    When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I didn't realize it but the doctor sent me out of his office...without wiping my face off for me first! (I was put to sleep for mine and completely out of it.) When I got home I was a bit shocked to see my bloody face staring back at me from the mirror. Thanks Doc!

    ReplyDelete