Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some people say. . .

"God will never ask me to do something I can't do." I have come to the place in my life that, if the assignment I sense God is giving me is something that I know I can handle, I know it is probably not from God. The kind of assignments God gives in the Bible are always God-sized. They are always beyond what people can do, because He wants to demonstrate His nature, His strength, His provision, and His kindness to His people and to a watching world. This is the only way the world will come to know Him. Henry Blackaby

Climbing a mountain in your life which seems pretty steep? Like the daily HUGE job of parenting?. . . or a new job?. . . or illness? . . . or financial pressures? . . . or. . . the list is endless in this life, isn't it? Beyond what people can do . . . this brings me to surrendering, and ultimately. . . His peace and bringing Him the glory. It's all about Him. (not me :))

Happy Thursday!

Heather

(The above Henry Blackaby quote was an excerpt from "Living the God Life" by John Ortberg)

No comments:

Post a Comment