Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Changin' it up!


As a home school mom it seems every now and then I simply need a change from the daily school routine. Today was one of those days.

So instead of the usual textbooks, we changed things up a bit.

Here's our day in pictures. . .

We made patriotic valentine's for the two parties coming up. . .










Our volcano erupted. . .
Miss A. played with Play-doh for the very first time and loved it!




We worked on puzzles and played some favorite games. . .



The kids enjoyed making chocolate covered pretzels. . .





And valentine cut-out sugar cookies.


They were even allowed to spend computer time on kids.nationalgeographic.com.

And after 4 loads of laundry, which is still piled on my kitchen table, I'm all tuckered out!

My change of pace day may not have been restful but it was definitely refreshing!

Hope your busy Wednesday had a touch of refreshment too!

Blessings,
Heather

P.S. I gave yesterdays' basketball court 3 hours and then decided the new drywall truly was worth protecting! Poor boys, huh? Mommy kicked them out of the family room and into the rec room.

3 comments:

  1. You have been one busy mom ~ no wonder you're tuckered out! I'll bet they loved it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look on Miss A's face. She is obviously enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I wanted to write and thank you for joining in the friends at A Place Called Simplicity. We have been overwhelmed with the love and support from so many. Thank you!

    I love your name to your blog and your kids are all adorable. I homeschool too and the chocolate covered pretzels sound yummy. I can't wait to get in a house again and start to do all my baking and cooking again. Yippee for ditching your normal school plans and doing the fun stuff - your kids will remember it for the rest of their lives.

    Blessings to you from Colorado,
    Linny

    ReplyDelete