Sunday, February 15, 2009

Consider It Joy

Consider it joy, pure joy, when troubles come,


many trials will make you strong.



This is part of the lyrics to a song titled "Consider it Joy" by Graham Kendrick.


We sang this at the end of our service today and it continues to play in my mind.


Based upon James 1:2 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


Sometimes I wonder what trials my (now) little ones will face.





It breaks my heart to think of them having troubles come their way. Though indeed, they will.


I cannot hold up a shield to block every "arrow" aimed at them.


I must remind myself that those trials will develop their faith and a spirit of perserverance.


Lord, more than they ever realize now, they need to develop a close relationship with you. Help me to nurture that most important connection.



Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment