Thursday, March 19, 2009

Note to Self

While my cold has now landed in my throat this week I've learned a few things which I hope to remember once I'm feeling better.

It hurts to speak in a "regular" voice so I've had to whisper when speaking to the kids. Whispering means I need to be close enough to their face and look them in the eye when I speak. (It's funny. . . they then respond in a whisper too)

I've learned once again that I don't need to be harsh or raise my voice in order to be heard.

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Look in their eye. . . don't be harsh. . .look in their eye. . . don't be harsh . . .

OK Lord, with your help, I will listen and obey (without delay). . . as I say to the kids.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, whispering is good...very good...it forces them to listen more carefully!

    I do hope your voice does come back soon!

    And I love your new signature, Heather :-) You'll have to share with me how to do that!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog for today and the soft voice being responded to in a soft voice. I would love to hear that. I, too, love your new signiture. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete