Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 2nd Edition



For Today -

Outside my window...the skies are blue, the sun is shining and it's a (spring-like?) 17 degrees. Bettter than the -16 this morning!!


I am thinking...that it felt nice to get more sleep last night.


I am thankful for...a day of rest and refreshment yesterday.


From the learning rooms...we read about Clara Barton this morning (the founder of the American Red Cross).


From the kitchen...the weekend left-overs are warming in the oven for lunch.


I am wearing...my pumpkin colored fleece sweatshirt, black sweats and wool clogs.


I am creating...a grocery list for tonight.


I am going...to get my hair cut tomorrow. Yeah!!


I am reading...The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis


I am hoping...to try a few new recipes this week.


I am hearing...the boys playing basketball downstairs.


Around the house...the kids are waiting for lunch and I hope to tackle my clutter pile this afternoon.


One of my favorite things...is laying by a pool in the warm sunshine with a book in my hands.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Watching our local highschool playoff basketball game and helping with our sports-club co-op.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I'm trying to have us all eat healthier. . . and then, my husband comes home with these!
(cause they were a great deal!!)
My ultimate weakness! Why is simply saying "No thank you" so hard sometimes?!
Create your own Daybook or read other entries HERE.
THANKS FOR READING MY DAYBOOK. . .
AND HAVE A MARVELOUS MONDAY!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, those donuts wouldn't have lasted long around here! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who could say "no" to that. They look so good that I want to go out and buy some.

    ReplyDelete