Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Heart Faces – Self Portrait

iheartbutton

 

Kids entry:  I didn’t know Mr. Z was making faces in the window while I was outside snapping a few shots of myself to check out the lighting for a self-portrait. 

As it turned out, I thought it qualified for a unique self-portrait kids entry.

 iheartkids

selfz

Adult Entry:  Now this was a challenge!  I’d much rather take a picture of someone else.  And some of the close-up shots I took. . . yikes!  (Major self-criticism)  The smirk on my face tells you how silly I felt taking a picture of myself.  I wasn’t sure about not using a flash in my bathroom but I had skylight above me which ended up providing enough light.

iheartadults

selfmirror

Go to I heart faces HERE to check out many other inspiring self-portraits. . .  such as this one HERE by Heidi at Mt. Hope Chronicles!

Happy Tuesday,

Heather

11 comments:

  1. It's much harder than it looks, isn't it. :) Just trying not to feel like a fool while making faces at a camera I was pointing at myself was, well, I felt like a fool. :) Your kid entry is *awesome*! I think you did a wonderful job on both your photos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great. Great crop for the kids entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting to see your entries :) AWESOME pictures! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how funny is your boy and how perfect did that work out for the kids category? how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Kids entry is so fun and silly - I love your kiddo in the window. And, how pretty are you?! Wonderful, beautiful self portrait Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the kiddo in the window! :-) so cute! Both of these are great - it's so nice to meet everyone this week through their self-portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both of them are great but I love the kids entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I love the funny face in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Love the kids entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, clever on both, Heather! :-) I love them!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete