Here are the details, which I’ve borrowed directly from the I ♥ Faces site, and were written by Amy and Angie, the site’s founders:
1) There will be two categories (Professionals and Amateurs.) You will only be able to enter one of them. We recommend that Beginner photographers enter the Amateurs category. One winner will be chosen from each category and then we will have a special “Readers Choice” winner as well. All three of these winners will receive a free copy of our I ♥ Faces photo book from Blurb.
2) All participants whose photos are chosen to be in this book will receive photographer’s credit for their photo and 10% off the purchase price of the book.
3) Each participant can only enter one photo.
4) You will want to enter the very best face photo you have ever taken.
5) For this week only, you can even enter a photo that you have already entered on our site before. Typically this is a big no-no here at I ♥ Faces, but we want everyone to be able to choose their very best photo and we realize that some of you might have entered that photo into one of our photo challenges already.
6) The photo you choose can only have one or two faces in it. It doesn’t matter if it is a baby, child, teen or adult. As long as it only has 1 or 2 faces in it. (If you enter a photo that has more than two faces in it, your photo will not be considered for this contest.)
7) It has to be a close-up shot of the face. This challenge is all about focusing in on what we love most on this site ~ the beautiful faces!
Here’s a favorite of mine submitted in the amateurs/beginners category.
I like the coloring in this natural light photo.
I like this very sweet smile.
I like those blue eyes.
More than anything else. . . I love this 9 year old boy of mine, Mr. J!
"I am submitting this photo into the www.iheartfaces.com Blurb Book photo contest. I am granting I ♥ Faces permission to use my photo in a printed version of a book for commercial use and possibly advertising of a photo book on both the Blurb and I ♥ Faces web sites."