Monday, October 5, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook, October 5

simple-woman-daybook-large Outside my window... grey skies and 52 degrees.
I am thinking... it’s going to be a good day.
I am thankful for... the freedom to homeschool our children.
I am wearing... black pants, tan top, orange sweater.
I am remembering... all the falling leaves in the yard will need to be raked.

I am going... to clean this cluttered office today.
I am reading... a Psalm for the day of the month during our “table time” each morning.

I am hoping... to find a recipe for Butternut Squash Soup.

On my mind... Our eldest is turning 12 next month, which means the teen years are just around the corner.  ~~Bracing myself~~
From the learning rooms... I checked out Bill Nye the Science Guy dvd’s from the library which we’ll watch this afternoon.

Noticing that... the grass could use one more cutting.

Pondering these words... “If you have to be reasoned into Christianity, some wise fellow can reason you out of it, as well!” A.W.Tozer

From the kitchen... there is no meal plan for the week but we’ll be eating lots of veges in the frig from the last of the garden pickin’s.
Around the house... I enjoyed placing fall decor pumpkins on the fireplace this weekend.

One of my favorite things~ smiles from my children. 
From my picture journal...

J-man’s team won his division’s soccer tournament on Saturday!

It was fun. . .but BURRRR, so chilly!

jwon09pic

Thanks for bringing your camera Oma. . .and snapping this picture :)

Read other daybooks or create one of your own HERE.

Happy Monday,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Did you get your cluttered office cleaned today? If so, please come and do the same to my cluttered desk....

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am thankful that we can homeschool our children! Thank you for reminding me of that! I love the list of animal books in your last post, I'm going to check on some of those for our kiddos!
    I enjoyed stopping by this morning and reading your daybook!
    Blessings,
    Gayly
    quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete