Thursday, October 15, 2009

Simply Grand, Reading Rendezvous

Our author this week is Jean Craighead George:

jcg The mother of three children, Jean George is a grandmother who has joyfully read to her grandchildren since the time they were born. Over the years Jean George has kept 173 pets, not including dogs and cats, in her home in Chappaqua, New York. "Most of these wild animals depart in autumn when the sun changes their behavior and they feel the urge to migrate or go off alone. While they are with us, however, they become characters in my books, articles, and stories."

The boys have been “all eyes and ears” as we’ve read her books.  Especially since they focus on animals.

jean1  

   jean2 jean3

She is also the author of this classic which we will continue reading next week: 

A young boy relates his adventures during the year he spends living alone in the Catskill Mountains including his struggle for survival, his dependence on nature, his animal friends, and his ultimate realization that he needs human companionship.

               jean4

As they say, everyone has a story to tell.  I’ve had a pensive week. . . thinking, remembering, praying, studying, and writing my tehbe1picstimony of faith to share with the kids at our home school group. It was a wonderful exercise for me.  When I was  asked to share I thought, “Me? I really don’t have much of an interesting story to tell.”  And yet at age 43 when I sit back and reflect upon my life, I indeed have a testimony to share of God’s faithfulness, healing, love, protection, promises, joy. . .His sovereign hand upon my life.  I am more grateful than words can express. 

It was a good Thursday.  Hope yours was too.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment