Monday, November 30, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook

Outside my window.....We’re back to grey skies after the sun peaked through earlier this morning.

I am thinking.....that the current cold draft I am feeling means one of the kids left the door open. . .again!

I am thankful for.... the love of caring family and friends.
I am wearing.....black pants, light brown T-shirt and a taupe button down sweater.

I am hearing.....The boys outside playing football and the jingle of Lucy the cat’s bell, while she’s most likely climbing the kitchen counters.

I am creating.....the final draft of our Christmas card.

I am going.....to (hopefully) bring up boxes of Christmas decorations and put lights up around the front door.  Of course I didn’t do this last week when the temperature was 50!

I am reading.....So You’re About to be a Teenager by Dennis & Barbara Rainey, as a possible gift for our soon to be teenager son.

I am praying.....for continued health during December when the “to do” list seems to reap less sleep and more stress.

I am remembering.....the fun I had yesterday taking Christmas pictures for a family.

I am hoping.....that the rare bacterial infection in my father’s lungs will responds to these new antibiotics.

On my mind....the importance of structure and routine in our daily life and how that needs to be revamped around here.
From the learning rooms....We’ll be challenged to stay on track this month!

Noticing that....when I speak harshly. . . the kids soon follow.

Pondering these words. . . “Resisting the tendency to glory in the glitter of Christmastime, let’s sing instead with Mary, praising God for what He has done.” (Kathy Dane /  Anchor devotional, December ‘09) 
From the kitchen....that pan of rice krispy bars is mighty tempting.

Around the house.....I am happy to report that it’s lookin’ less cluttered than usual around here.

One of my favorite things.....is the anticipated Christmas music we’ll soon begin playing around here.

A few plans for the rest of the week....Christmas program practice for the kids, sports club, and possibly taking pictures of a newborn if she decides to make her entrance this week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

A Christmas gift idea for you:

hiskidsThis is our His Kids radio which we bought for the kids as as Christmas gift a few years ago.  They have really enjoyed it. You can check it out HERE.

SAFE, SIMPLE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT -- ON DEMAND!
Introducing the HisKids.net Wi-Fi Family Radio™ & Media Player! The advanced technology in this device will bless your family by providing access to countless hours of Christian internet radio from virtually any room in your home!


If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook.

Happy Monday,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Heather, what a lovely daybook. I especially agree with the speak harshly and the kids will soon follow.

    God bless you.

    Far Above Rubies

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! The sunshine of early this morning has changed to snowy skies. 'Tis a good thing as December rolls in.

    Smiling about sweet Lucy, praying for your Dad, and working toward routine once again around here, too!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete