Monday, December 7, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large

For December 7

Outside my window.....grey skies and a nippy 28 degrees

I am thinking.....I should turn up the heat in the house. . . or grab a sweater. . .or start vacuuming.  I’m chilly!

I am thankful for.....our continued health this month.

I am wearing.....my black sweats, black shirt and brown vest.

I am hearing.....whistling, arguing, whining, laughing, jingling bells, singing, (all within the last 30 seconds)

I am creating.....tasty holiday treats.
I am going.....to order a new laptop computer today.

I am reading.....the December issue of Cooking Light magazine.

I am praying.....for a family member’s Dr. apt. today and a family member’s surgery today.

I am remembering.....a wonderfully quiet 1 1/2 hours I had to myself, home alone, over the weekend. 

I am hoping.....to begin addressing Christmas cards this week.

On my mind....I need to smile at my kids more often.

From the learning rooms....Paul Revere, fractions, percentages, Harriet Tubman, Mt. Rushmore

Noticing that....I need to get my hair cut this week. 
Pondering these words. . . “Lord, remind me each day that these precious children are so different from each other and from me!  You created them so uniquely.  Show me, as their mother, how to love each of them just the way they need to be loved individually.  Help me love them according to their own personality and needs and not just the way that comes easiest to me.  Give me discernment as I learn their needs, and creativity as I learn to love them accordingly.”  Sandra Stanley, from Prayers for a Mother’s Heart by Ruth Bell Graham

From the kitchen....wild rice chicken soup for dinner.

Around the house.....boxes of Christmas decorations to be put back upon the shelves downstairs.

One of my favorite things.....watching a child nicely help his sibling with his math work.

A few plans for the rest of the week....piano lessons, Christmas program practice, a doctor apt for my upcoming minor, outpatient surgery, my parents coming to town

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... a favorite Christmastime creche decoration in the family room

creche 
Thank you for stopping and reading my daybook! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Happy Monday!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh!!!!! you have the whole set! I love my lil set. One of the sheep broke his leg though. :(
    I love my alone times too. After talking with my parents today, I realize that there will probably come a day when I won't like to be all by myself! Tis true, but boy do I love my alone times! Yesterday I stayed home sick while everyone left for this and that and I must confess that I didn't mind so much that I was sick cause I got to ge alone! Today though, it isn't so nice not feeling well with so much to do and peoples everywhere!
    When I write to-do lists I often write down - SMILE! Remember to SMILE!
    I enjoyed your daybook.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Heather! I can't wait to hear what you decided to get as your new laptop....

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete