Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large

For December 14

Outside my window.....the snow covered trees are pretty.

I am thinking.....the resort industry in our area will appreciate the recent snow accumulations we’ve received.

I am thankful for.....our neighbor who just used his snow blower to clear our driveway.

I am wearing.....a new white, comfy, soft fleece vest, black top, black pants.

I am hearing.....the kids outside playing in the snow.

I am creating.....holiday felt napkin rings.

I am going.....to bed early tonight. . .guaranteed.

I am reading. . . the December issue of Martha Stewart Living.

I am praying.....for safe travels for my parents on the snow covered roads today.

I am remembering.....our day of mishaps yesterday. It began with Mr. E. leaving for church without his cell phone or one son who needed to be there to get ready for the kids Christmas program.  Thank you, Mrs. H. for coming to our rescue.

I am hoping.....mishap #2 does not repeat itself. . . Little A walks onto the stage at church to greet the musicians before the service begins.  Who’s supposed to be watching that kid anyway??

On my mind....Some sneezing and sniffling has begun today and I sure hope that’s the extent of it.

From the learning rooms....the twins are switching to Teaching Textbooks math beginning in January.

Noticing that....I’m extra tired today after a very busy, fun-filled weekend.

Pondering these words....”The Lord your God has arrived to live among you.  He is a mighty savior.  He will rejoice over you with great gladness.  With his love, he will calm all your fears.  He will exult over you by singing a happy song.”  Zephaniah 3:17

From the kitchen....chili tonight

Around the house.....we had a great clean-up “party” last night and all is fairly clean and uncluttered.

One of my favorite things.....peaceful, God-given direction, during stressful, anxious, moments.

A few plans for the rest of the week....a basketball game, gift making, baking and outpatient surgery.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

Remember Nora?

Here are her seven siblings. 

Yes, her sister was super-excited to learn there would be another girl joining the crew.mf30 

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Happy Monday,

Heather

 

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that Little Miss A was looking for a table to graze *wink*

    Praying your parents made it to their destination safe and sound, Heather! I enjoyed chatting with your mom for a little bit yesterday :-)

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how you like the Teaching Textbooks!
    Thinking of your parents today. . Yikes. . the roads were really bad for them.

    ReplyDelete