Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today January 18

Outside my window......Grey skies, 27 degrees, not bad for January.

I am thinking.....that I'm glad to have exercised already this morning.

I am thankful for...... another week of good health around here.

I am wearing...... black pants, black turtleneck and a sage green vest.

I am creating......DVD's of pictures taken over the last 4 years.

I am going.....to organize that messy "catch all" drawer in the kitchen this week.

I am reading.....magazines and photography books my mother-in-law brought to me.

I am praying.....for continued diligence in regular exercise and healthy eating.

I am remembering.....the excitement and relief in my mom's voice as she told me she tested negative for the breast cancer gene.

I am hoping......my piles of clean laundry which have yet to be folded will disappear sometime today.

On my mind....what to fix for dinners this week.

From the learning rooms.....the kids had fun with a science experiment this morning.

Noticing that....my motivation for teaching this morning is low.

Pondering these words. . . "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."  Martin Luther King Jr.   

May we discern the character of others and prayerfully ask God to strengthen our own.

From the kitchen.....split pea and potato soup.

Around the house.....I made an effort to clean up the clutter yesterday and it feels good to wake up to order.

One of my favorite things......is clean kitchen counters.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....play date with friends, meeting at church, sports club, piano and preparing for a lesson on character building.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

My parents are in town for the week and my mom brought a few of my "back in the day" clothes from her cedar chest for Little A to wear.

flashback1

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Happy Monday,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, SO glad to hear favorable results to the gene test!

    Cute pics of Miss A

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures!! I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete