Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Favorites

It's Friday afternoon and I'm just coming up for air after a week which left little time for blogging.

  • We now have a six year old in the family!  Yesterday we celebrated Mr. A's birthday.  Everything from making his cake, eating his cake, opening his presents, and playing Yahtzee was a moment of celebrating for him. 

cakecollage

aaebirthdaycollage

aaebdaycollage

  • Did you know?

    Court says 'under God' constitutional (OneNewsNow.com)

    SAN FRANCISCO – A federal appeals court in San Francisco upheld the use of the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency, rejecting arguments on Thursday that the phrases violate the separation of church and state.

    It's hard to believe this was appealed in our country.  May this victory always be upheld.

     

  • And how about this news?  I've joined the mom's basketball team for our homeschool group.  Yep. . . Never played basketball, ever.  Why not start in my overweight, out of shape, 40's huh?  This has been a source of wonderment and laughter for my family.  But hey, I'm gettin' some exercise and I even enjoyed our first practice last night.  Mr. E. claims he'll be taking off of work to come watch the game next Thursday and take video.  Maybe I'll post a few pictures, depending upon how good, or bad, I look.

ale3.11.10pic

Enjoy the weekend and don't forget to turn your clocks BACK, oops I mean AHEAD, Saturday night.

Heather

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! You go bball mamma!
    Happy Birthday to Mr. A.
    It looks like he had a ton of fun!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat your heart out, Michael Jordon.

    ReplyDelete