Monday, March 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large

For today March 1

Outside my window.....the sun is shining brightly and the skies are blue!

I am thinking.....it's hard to believe today is March 1.  We're heading into spring folks!

I am thankful.....for another 2 lbs. lost last week.  That's a total of 5. Yippee!

I am wearing.....My husband's army green fleece shirt and my black sport pants.

I am hearing.....the boys wrestling on my bed.  "Out of my room boys!!"

I am creating.....a "Simply Grand Photography" logo, just for the fun of it!

I am going.....to bring C-man to Tai-Kwan-Do, run to the grocery store, come home, make dinner, do Little A's laundry, tidy up the kitchen, make Mr. E's lunch for tomorrow, and head to bed!(in a nutshell)

I am reading.....the popular Children's Book of Virtues  by William Bennett to the kids this week.

I am praying.....for my dad who came down with shingles this week.

I am remembering.....I guess my memory has left me--I cannot "remember" anything at the moment.

I am hoping.....that this cold virus will leave and I'll have more energy by the end of the week.

On my mind.....I'd like to attend a photography workshop this year.

From the learning rooms....Alexander Graham Bell today. Did you know that his greatest enjoyment in life was teaching the deaf and blind?

Noticing that....when the sun is shining at the temps are in the 30's, the boys spend LOTS of time outside.

Pondering these words....."Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Prov. 22:6) 

I hope my kids choose to walk in His ways when they are on the younger side of "old".  I would delight in seeing them walk closely with Him.  But I'm sure we have some interesting challenging days ahead.  I'll start praying now.

From the kitchen.....Spaghetti for dinner tonight and quiche tomorrow.

Around the house....we're all glad to have daddy in town this week.

One of my favorite things.....a warm shower.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....the usual weekly routine plus a wedding on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

I need a smile about now. . .and this picture does it for me.

laugher

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Happy first day of March!

Heather

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that picture really made me smile, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that picture really made me smile, too. What a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss, Heather! That's wonderful :-) Sorry to hear about your dad though...goodness, it's always something, eh? The Children's Book of Virtues is one of my favorites :-)

    Enjoy this spring-like weather!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that gorgeous, gorgeous photo!

    Interesting to read about Alexander Graham Bell. i did not know that!

    ReplyDelete