Thursday, April 29, 2010

pretty things

Pretty things around my home make me happy.

Yesterday God provided an opportunity for me to offer a "happy birthday!" to a friend and these pretty things made me smile.

jjcollage

I love the opportunity to get out my pretty tea cups.

My mom gave my sister and me a different matching cup and saucer, every Christmas, for 12 years in a row.

Another favorite pretty thing is in my bedroom.  I love to walk by and see my bed made with the pretty pillows on top.

I'm inspired to make my bed in the morning because this is what I look at during my quiet time before starting school. . .

bed1

The smaller pillow in the middle was my favorite find and an inspiration for the curtains which my mom kindly and painstakingly made for us last summer.

But there are a few practical items lying or hanging around the house.

Such as these. . .

One is in the family room,  

 ft1

and one is even in the bedroom. . .

ft2

Can you guess? 

They are not streamers!

Can you say FLY TRAP?

Yes, if you stop for a visit watch your head or it may become permanently affixed to the hanging fly trap paper strategically placed throughout our home due to the unusual invasion of a vast amount of flies outside which find their way INside and have been driving. me. crazy.!

Spring around here has been welcomed with open arms but the flies. . . not so much!

Happy Thursday!

heathersig1

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love to look at my bed when it is made too!! I love that pillow :) and the streamers!

    ReplyDelete