Friday, April 23, 2010

lookin' for the light

So it's Friday, late afternoon.

Mr. E. and Z-man are away turkey hunting.

What to do.  What to do.

After staring at each other for awhile, C-man lamenting his boredom, and others throwing out their ideas, momma bear makes a few decisions. . .

We're not going swimming, we're heading to the library, then to the park, then for ice cream and. . . I'm bringing the camera cause I'm looking for the light.

Anyone want to throw on a "nice" shirt and model for me?

Pleeeeease?

C-man, with his sensitive heart and knowing how much mom loves taking pictures, acquiesces while informing me how much he really doesn't feel like it.

And we're off. . .

While at the library we get a call from Daddy on the cell phone announcing that both he and Z-man each shot a turkey today.  WOW!  We're all stunned since such luck rarely befriends us and give a hip-hip-hooray!!

. . . The weather is perfect for fun at the park. 

parkcollage

It's dusk and I read from many photographers that this is a grand time of day to find the glorious light.  I'm still trying to figure this all out so I was happy to have a few moments of practice.

parkcollage2

The sun was behind me.  I was trying to be careful of shadows on the face.

The sun is not as intense as in the middle of the day so the shadows I was dealing with were a bit more forgiving.

. . . Back in the car and the next stop is 49 cent cones from McDonalds.

C-man requests an Oreo McFlurry since he has been such an accommodating model.

Momma bear acquiesces this time while the others suddenly become interested models.

Sorry boys, only c-man. 

. . . I decide to take the long way home as I continue lookin' for the light.

Then I found it! 

"C-man please, quick, drop the McFlurry, out of the car!"

cge3.3pic

I didn't touch up those rosy red lips one little bit.

All natural.

Lucky kid.

cge3.1pic     

cge3.4pic

What a handsome dude!

cge3.6pic

 

cge3.10pic

cge3.2pic

It was exciting for me to find these backdrops because they are so different than the typical woodsy landscape I find around our home.

Plus, they are facing west which was perfect for this time of day.

I know the lighting is good when I need to do very little in post editing.

Unless of course I want to, as in the last two edits.

. . .Alas, we find ourselves back at home and it's time to pick up the yard.

. . . Pizza and popcorn for dinner since momma is trying to please everyone tonight.

Oh. . .  and in case you ever wonder if it's ok to leave the cardboard under the frozen pizza while you bake it. . . .it's perfectly fine. ;)

. . . An episode of Bonanza follows and then lights out boys and girl.

Happy Friday,

heathersig1

P.S.  The title for this post reminded me of this verse. . .

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. (NASB)
1 John 1:6-7

4 comments:

  1. C man's pictures are so GOOD! I am glad he was willing to model! Defin. worth the McFlurry!
    I am glad you were able to have such a great day. & yay for your turkey hunters! It reminds me of my brother and nephew!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, Heather!! I would love to know your secret spot as I can't place it from the pictures :) Is it a blue bus??
    C-man looks way too old. . . soon the girls will be knocking. . .and they do come knocking. . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the movie,"Cool Man Luke"? Well,it's now "Cool Man C Man". I loved all the pictures and glad to know about the pizza cardboard. I have learned that you can also leave the wrapping on the turkey giblets while it bakes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,
    Wonderfully worded and pictured. You're a blessed woman and a wise one to record the journey.
    Thanks for praying for my husband. I appreciate the thought. He is doing very well!!

    ReplyDelete