Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday happenings

After a busier than normal weekend, Monday came fast.

I wasn't completely ready for the week to begin.

But ready or not here we go!

skipstones8

  • Noontime brought a walk/bike down to the lake.

skipstones3

The boys love to skip stones.

skipstones5 

Little A jumps into all the action with her brothers. 

skipstones

She must have felt right at home as she wanted her clothes off.

skipstones2

Her brothers reprimanded me for complying because "we could get arrested!"

All went well and no arrests were made.

  • We enjoyed this book about Galileo during table time today. 

galileo

  • Today in history. . . John J. McDermott of New York won the first Boston Marathon with a time of 2:55:10.  Fifteen runners started the race but only 10 made it to the finish line.
  • The marathon's distance was changed in 1908 in accordance with Olympic standards to its current length of 26 miles 385 yards.

    The Boston Marathon was originally held on Patriot's Day, April 19, a regional holiday that commemorates the beginning of the Revolutionary War. In years when the 19th fell on a Sunday, the race was held the following Monday. In 1969, Patriots Day was officially moved to the third Monday in April and the race has been held on that Monday ever since.

    Although I'll never be ready to tackle a marathon, I would like to walk in a 5K sometime.

     

  • My car made an automatic stop at the McDonalds drive thru on the way to the library. "Seven 49cent cones, please."

 

  • Chicken noodle soup is simmering for dinner. Yum!

 

Here's hoping I'm ready to tackle Tuesday with a bit more energy.

Happy Monday!

heathersig1

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I laughed out loud when I came to "nudy girl" on the beach. I wonder what you would have said if Z man had wanted to do that at her age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my car makes that stop at mcd's too! Yep, I loved seeing that picture of your girl too! It must have been a REALLY nice day!
    I always enjoy your pictures!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete