Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

 

For today April 14

Outside my window..... the sun is shining and it's 70 degrees outside!

I am thinking.... of creating a more organized weekly meal planning schedule.  (Hopefully the thinking will turn into doing)

I am thankful.... for this early spring we are experiencing.  It's really been a treat!

I am wearing...... my black sport pants and a tank top.  I started the day out with a long sleeve top and a fleece vest and then it warmed up and I was way overdressed.

I am hearing......my 6 year old working on a puzzle behind me and the jingling of Lucy cat's collar.

I am creating.....a mental list of projects I'd like to accomplish this summer.

I am going.....to give all the boys haircuts.  And Z-man wants a mohawk for his basketball game tomorrow night.

I am reading.....the latest issue of EVERY DAY with Rachel Ray magazine.

I am praying.....for courage and strength for a friend going through a difficult time.

I am remembering.....today in history, 1865, President Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater by John Wilkes Booth. (I just read that)

I am hoping.....with all the time the boys are spending in the woods, that our "tick checks" each night are enough to keep those nasty critters from doing any harm.

On my mind.....what sports the boys will and will not be involved in next year.

From the learning rooms....picked up about 30 new books from the library today.  I love new books in the house.

Noticing that....the daffodils have broken through.

Pondering these words. . . "What you are becoming is more important than what you are accomplishing."

From the kitchen.....beef stew tonight, slow cooking in the oven since noon.

Around the house....spring has sprung so I guess I should be spring cleaning, huh?  It's a good thought. :)

One of my favorite things.....watching the three older boys play in the basketball league together, on the same team.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....home school sports club, basketball game, helping with soccer registration, yard cleaning-blowing-raking.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you. . .

mohawk

So the thought would be. . . "What kind of parent allows this sort of nonsense?!"

I guess that kind of parent would be, ME! 

Momma says, "Only for the next 24 hours."

Z-man says, "DEAL!"

 
Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Happy Wednesday!

heathersig1

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad it is only 24 hours. Aunt C agrees with Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, for spring!
    Love the haircut! : )
    Great words to ponder!
    I hope you have a good week!
    That spring cleaning idea needs to arrive at my place too!
    (& apparently I like using exclamations points!!!!!)
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I agree with Aunt C who agrees with Mom. However, I still see that same Z man that I love underneath that hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. zzz momzzzzzzzzz is teh best :)
    bet your kid loves you!

    My Day Book

    ReplyDelete