Saturday, September 18, 2010

simply grand reading

Have you ever been disappointed when you turn the last page of a book?

Such was the case with me last night.

Thankfully, there are many more in this series and my sister, Cathy, kindly

said she'd send the next one my way.  

The name of the book, already, you ask?!

The Yada Yada Prayer Group

yadayada1 

There are eight in the series.

Here's the synopsis of book #1:

What do an ex-con, a former drug addict, a real estate broker, a college student, and a married mother of two have in common? Nothing, or so I thought. Who would have imagined that God would make a prayer group as mismatched as ours the closest of friends? I almost didn't even go the Chicago Women's Conference--after all, being thrown together with five hundred strangers wasn't exactly my "comfort zone." But something happened that weekend to make us realize we had to hang together, and the "Yada Yada Prayer Group" was born! When I faced the biggest crisis of my life, God used my newfound Sisters to show me what it means to be just a sinner saved by grace.

I loved this book because it inspired me to live my faith "out loud", daily, in the relationships God places along my path. 

It also exemplifies the verse. . ."Rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn."

Neta

The author is Neta Jackson. 

She and her husband Dave, live in Chicago and have

also written the popular Trailblazer Series

 

 

 

 

hero talesand the Hero Tales series which we've enjoyed during our

morning home school "table time".

 

 

Books can be dangerous.  The best ones should be labeled "This could change your life."      ~Helen Exley

 

My handsome H-man celebrated his ninth birthday, recently.

HEcollage

So I asked him what his favorite book has been?

Without hesitation, he said The Boxcar Children.

The author is Gertrude Chandler Warner.

There are 150 mystery books in the series.

boxcar

It is definitely a favorite around here. 

Especially when Oma reads out loud. . .sometimes an entire book in one sitting.

Happy Saturday and Happy Reading!

heathersig1

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful pictures of a VERY handsome boy. Such an engaging smile. I just finished a book while in the city and really didn't want it to end. Sometimes, I don't want a good Box Car book to end either.

    ReplyDelete