Sunday, July 3, 2011

workshop, wildflowers & worry

 

Last weekend I attended a Donna Boucher photography workshop.

It was a wonderful adventure for me .

I was happy to have a few of my lingering photography questions answered.

Lighting is always key.

And when the lighting is just right your subject “pops”. . .

workshop1

workshop2

Donna has a fun personality and planned a full day of learning for all six of us.

workshop3

 

 

Yesterday Mr. E. picked wildflowers for me from the side of the road.

Aren’t they purty?

flowers1

I always wondered if it was legal to pick wildflowers off the roadside.

So I Googled it. 

I Google everything.

Here’s what I found. . .

Wildflower picking or plucking in illegal in Wisconsin, and Wisconsin is one of the few states that has a wildflower protection law. It was passed in 1923. People then were concerned that indiscriminate wildflower picking and grazing were causing the decline of these attractive plants.

So shhhh don’t tell. 

I’m going to continue enjoying my flowers.

The message at church today was based on Proverbs 3:5-6.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.”

This is a verse to ward off the worries life throws my way.

Simply trust.

Don’t lean.

Walk in His path.

Sunday Blessings,

heathersig1

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I am a goof.
    I was so happy to meet you!
    Thank you for coming to the workshop!

    ReplyDelete