Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large

For today March 30

Outside my window.....the sun is shining, the skies are blue, and I think the temp. may have reached 60 today!

I am thinking....about a family who lost a special loved one this week.

I am thankful.....for Easter traditions the kids always look forward to celebrating.

I am wearing.....black pants, white turtleneck and a brown fleece vest.

I am hearing.....the kids playing outside.

I am creating.....thank you notes with pictures from Mr. A's birthday.

I am going.....to need a boost of energy to finish this day strong.

I am reading.....the book of John.

I am praying.....for friends who just left for a cross country road trip out west.

I am remembering.....shopping for that special new Easter dress when I was young.

I am hoping.....this warmer weather keeps a comin'.

On my mind.....the frustration of our yahoo e-mail being eliminated and the new transition not going smoothly.  Grrrrr!

From the learning rooms....State capitals, place value, a 2nd grader learning division, and the end of our Caddie Woodlawn story.

Noticing that....the snow is gone and the kids come in the house covered in dead grass as they play football and baseball on our yet to be, green lawn.

Pondering these words....."There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.  By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world."  Robert Louis Stevenson

From the kitchen.....Spaghetti for dinner and a messy kitchen to clean up after 11 kids ate 7 pizzas and a batch of cookies for lunch!

Around the house....two Christmas wreaths still hang in my kitchen windows.  Time to take them down, don'tcha think?

One of my favorite things.....oatmeal cookies and a glass of milk.  Yes, I did indulge so the numbers on the scale did not decrease this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....basketball league has started for 3 boys, Good Friday church service, Easter breakfast at church, washing winter gear (do I dare?).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

H-man playing on one of the last remaining snow piles.

snowpile

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook.

Happy Tuesday!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love seeing those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! From Above & Beyond to Simply Grand Central. May this holiday be extra special. Bless you -

    ReplyDelete