Sunday, January 2, 2011

onward we go

 

It was a blessed holiday.

Lots of traditions and celebrating. . . truffle making, Chinese take-out on Christmas Eve,

cinnamon rolls and egg bake, knitted hats & slippers, happy birthday Jesus cakes,

sparkling cider, Pictionary, measuring the kids’ heights, stockings, gift giving, root beer,

caramel corn, the Cosby Show, gingerbread houses, visiting with friends & family, fruit

fondue, pajamas, caroling. . .

christmascollage2010

And now a new year is upon us.

I don’t make resolutions per se, but I do find myself considering this a time of year for new beginnings.  I’m cleaning kitchen drawers, re-organizing the pantry, making new chore lists for the kids, aspiring to accomplish more at homeschooling, committing to use more coupons, and desiring to add another day or two to my exercise program.

Onward I go, not in my own strength but in His.

Ephesians 6:10,  “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” (KJV)

Onward I go, remembering the battles I face are His, not mine.

2 Chronicles 12:15,   “He said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's.” (NLV)

“Go back?” he thought. “No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!” So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Onward I go, in joy and peace.

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." (NIV)

pray

(photo by Grandma E.)

Onward I go, in prayer.

Psalms 145:18 – “The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” (NIV)

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  The Lord be with all of you.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16(NIV)

Happy New Year!

heathersig1

No comments:

Post a Comment